Love Lesson #10 –– Red Flags in a Relationship
I wrote “What I Learned from Love” when I was trying to figure out what I gained/lost from the relationships I had been in. Recently, I thought of one that had many red flags.
- He was extremely jealous and wanted to know where I was all the time.
- He wanted me to have a baby quickly.
- He followed me when I told him a friend from Spain was visiting and I was going to a gallery with that friend. I found him in the street furious.
- He went to one of my philosophical meetings and was throwing daggers with his eyes at the instructor. It was a scary negative vibe.
- He argued with my daughter and barely knew her. (She was 16 at the time)
- He would sneak in my apartment through the window, but I barely went to his home.
- I never met any of his friends other than the mutual ones we had.
- We would get in arguments where I wanted to hit him!
The final straw
I met his daughter and she nonchalantly told me that he had hit her mother with a baseball bat.
I was out of that relationship in a New York second!
Did I really learn anything? Yes, I don’t like to be controlled and you will not disrespect my children.
Did I continue to have bad relationships? Yes, still working on it!!